The weeks have zipped past since last month’s news update. People sometimes say that time flies when you’re having fun, but I think time actually flies the fastest for me when I’m just plain busy!
In the past four weeks, I have:
- Completed three photo shoots for the “Elza and Eliza” story cover, the “Sumari’s Solitude” story cover, and the “Orb Song” story cover.
- Added free short stories to AlyciaChristine.com. Access them HERE.
- Uploaded new blog posts including an excerpt from the “Sumari’s Solitude” short story and the photography lesson “Supersize Me!”, which deals with photo sizes and ratios.
- Finished writing the Elza and Eliza novellette rough draft and completed its preliminary edits. The final story stands at just over 13,600 words.
- Became a member of the Better Business Bureau. You can now click on the BBB logo on my site’s sidebar to write a company review.
- Created the TNT logo for the awesome TotalNerdTakeover.com podcasting website.
- Designed and/or placed over 24 pages for the 130th West of the Pecos Rodeo program.
- Purchased a P.O. Box for fan mail and business correspondence. It is P.O. Box 1834, Pecos, TX 79772 for those who need it.
- Gone on a mini-vacation with my husband to visit family in Laredo.
- Had the air conditioner, bedroom window, and my computer all break within two weeks of each other. The air conditioner and the window are both fixed, but I am using the laptop to write my blog today. Thankfully my husband was able to back up my computer so I did not lose any information. As I will be working on the old laptop for the foreseeable future, I apologize in advance that I will not be able to add many new photos or graphic art pieces to the website in the coming weeks.
- Received Skinshifter edits from two of my beta-readers. I am implementing those changes this week in preparation to send the manuscript to my second round of beta-readers.
By the way, I am still looking for beta-readers! Anyone interested in reading and critiquing the book should contact me immediately! In the end, it is you, the beta-readers, who will make Skinshifter the best that it can possibly be! Thanks so much for helping me make that happen!
The Seared Cookie Report: one Artist/Writer’s Labored Soliloquy (SCRAWLS) is brought to you from the desk of Alycia Christine Sears and/or Alycia C. Cooke with love and virtual baked goods for all. Please let me know your thoughts on this particular topic and, as always, if there is any subject you wish me to discuss, email it to me. Thanks!